2014 General Election Candidate Surveys - Davis County
Davis for Local Education conducts surveys of candidates for political offices covering Davis county to distribute to our members and fellow Davis county citizens. These surveys ask the candidates to provide their positions on key education issues in Davis county, particularly regarding local direction of education.
2014 General Election Survey Questions
The following questions were included in the 2014 General Election Survey.
- Do you believe the Common Core State Standards (also known as the Utah Core) will prepare students to be college and career ready?
- Do you believe parents should be able to opt a student out of the Core aligned tests and the State Longitudinal Database System?
- Do you believe Utah should provide universal pre-K education for children?
- What are the three (3) most critical education issues in our county?
- Do you believe Davis County public schools are adequately funded? If not, please briefly specify changes that should be made to provide appropriate financial support.
- With regard to the Federal Department of Education, do you support: A) Keeping it as it is, B) Changing it to a small research and advisory organization, C) Completely eliminating it, D) Other (please specify)
- If you want to clarify any of your answers, please do so here.
- If you want to share a brief position on education issues, please do so here.
2014 General Election Survey Responses
The 2014 General Election Survey results are now available. Download the full list here or see the individual responses from school board candidates on our General Election page.